Inviting Calgary-based emerging & experienced artists to join 2016-17 school residency roster
The Evergreen Grow-A-Show residency program is a cornerstone of the company programming. Our innovative curriculum-linked residencies get kids exploring science and the environment through theatre. Working with K-6 elementary schools across the province, artist and students “grow a show” through a series of playwriting and performance workshops over a period of one week. The students then perform an environmental extravaganza of their own creation, showcasing the learning from the week.
We are looking for energetic, inventive artists who are comfortable both as leaders and team players. Some teaching experience with young people is an asset. Artists are hired on a per-residency basis (weeklong contracts) through the school year.
Deadline to submit: October 14, 2016.
Call for Board Members
Evergreen Theatre is an award-winning nonprofit charity operating since 1991. We strive to create distinctive, dynamic theatrical programming that explores scientific and natural world topics through the arts, and leaves our audiences feeling connected, inspired and empowered.
Evergreen Theatre is seeking applicants for its volunteer Board of Directors, acting as a supporter/ambassador of the organization, the board and the administrative and creative staff.
- Attend board meetings (quarterly) and AGM; actively participate in the decision-making
- Prepare for each board meeting by carefully studying the agenda, minutes and
- Look for potential fundraising opportunities.
- Actively and timely respond to email communication.
- Sustain Evergreen’s vision, mission, and values.
- Participate actively in the deliberations of issues relevant to Evergreen Theatre.
- Represent Evergreen Theatre by identification as a Board Member and act as an
- Attend school shows and public events.
- Actively recruit new members.
- Attend all social events and volunteer at Casino and other fundraising events.
- Lend a hand to special projects when available.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be supporters of Calgary’s artistic community
- Have a passion for the environment and/or children’s programming
- Be able to commit the time required of a Board member
- Have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people
- Have experience or interest in one or more of the following:
- Fund development
- Event planning and management
- Community engagement and outreach
- General Council
It is the policy of Evergreen Theatre to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by provincial or federal law.