Evergreen Theatre is a not-for-profit charitable organization founded in 1991 to facilitate learning in a unique way. Evergreen specializes in education of the community, with a focus on teaching environmental issues, science and the natural world to children in grades K-6 and families. We expose students to what is often their first theatrical experience. We are able to reach students with diverse needs through our unique approach and hands-on kinesthetic learning styles. Using musical theatre as a tool to both entertain and educate, we are able to reach over 67,000 students as we tour across Alberta, impacting approx. 112,000 people each year with our diverse programs. Truly a message that sticks!
Evergreen Theatre remains an excellent return-on-investment through our award-winning programming. We are flexible with our donor and corporate supporters needs, building a program of support that suits the needs of each partner. Here are the programs that require the support of generous partners:
- Evergreen On Tour; musical theatre shows about science and environmental topics that tour to schools across Alberta. Sponsor a schools for $600 or a whole tour of up to 60 schools for $25K
- One-week residency Grow A Show program, where a team of professional artists spends a week at a school working with students to create their own show based on environmental science and social curriculum material. Sponsor a school of choice for $12.5K.
- Operating the Evergreen Community Spaces, 24,000 sq ft used by professional and community groups offering arts classes to hundreds of students each year. Our facility sees over 80,000 guests each season. Corporate sponsorship of $5K - $30K.
- Our Big Green Puppet Bus, a repurposed city transit bus converted into a traveling puppet theatre, featuring puppet shows about environmental awareness for families. The bus not only visits schools but travels to festivals and events all over Alberta. It has also been involved in different Town and City parades winning first place in the 2013 Okotoks summer parade and being in the Banff Christmas Santa Claus Parade of Lights seeing thousands of families. Corporate sponsorship of $5K - $40K.
- Our summer Puppet Camps - participants spend a week at our facility learning about puppetry, building puppets, and preforming their own works in our Big Green Puppet Bus. Corporate sponsorship of $5K - $25K.
A fundamental aspect of our mandate is to keep our programming affordable for schools and participants. Through the generous financial support of our partners we are able to continue investing in tomorrow's corporate & industry leaders. Although it is difficult to fully understand the impact our programs make without personally seeing them first hand, I would respectfully request you have a look at out website at evergreentheatre.com and consider supporting our efforts.
Evergreen is very pleased to be working with these current partners, making it possible to bring our award winning programs to schools all across Alberta:
Nexen - Puppet Bus
City of Calgary Water Services - Puppet Bus Support
Syncrude - Touring Stage Show Support
ATB Financial - Touring Stage Shows & Puppet Bus Support
Elarbe Professional Services - Organization Support
Talisman Energy - Puppet Bus Support
The Love Family - Private Donor - Evergreen Community Spaces
Evergreen is privileged to be working in partnership with The Edmonton Social Enterprise Fund
Below is a select list of organizations who have
graciously supported Evergreen programs in the past:
Community Natural Foods
TD Friends of the Environment
First Calgary Financial
Home Depot Foundation
The Calgary Foundation
Mountain Equipment Coop
Imperail Oil Foundation
City of Calgary Waste Management
The Home Depot Canada Foundation
Calgary Health Region
Alberta Conservation Association